- Suitable for Boy
- Easy to pronounce
- 3 syllables and 5 letters
- pronounced as jaTin
- Hindi (Sanskrit) जतिन
Disciplined Short Meaning
Jatin (Sanskrit जतिन) is ancient Sanskrit word which refers to someone with a matted lock. Jatin also refers to ascetic or disciplined. Jatin is also a name of Lord Shiva.
Jatin is one of the many names of Lord Shiva. Reference of Jatin is found in various Epics of Hindu mythology. Jatin has some other meanings also as described in the Epics. Jatin is also referenced in Bhartak-Dvatrishika (भरटक-द्वात्रिंशिका) where it refers to an ascetic. Jatin is mentioned in the Mahabharata as the name of Lord Shiva. Jatin means someone with matted hairs and it is a name of Lord Shiva because when Ganges was falling from heaven it would have destroyed the world, then Lord Shiva became a receptacle for Ganga for many years and Ganga remained in the hair of Lord Shiva. When the right time was there Lord Shiva allowed Ganga to flow through Himalayas.
Popularity of Jatin
Jatin is a very popular name in India as it is shown in social media popularity count. Jatin is used by more than 3000 people as the name of their children. Jatin is popular in USA too. Jatin is in trend since 1979. Jatin became more popular in the USA from the year 2000. Jatin is a very sweet name. Jatin has a great mythological significance. Jatin also has a unique meaning attached to it.
More about Jatin
- Jatin-Lalit are a Bollywood film composer duo consisting of Jatin Pandit and his younger brother Lalit.
- Jatin Sahay Saxena is an Indian first-class cricketer who plays for Madhya Pradesh.
- Jatin Bisht Singh is an Indian footballer who plays as a midfielder for ONGC in the I-League.
- Jatin Bora is an Indian film actor.
- Jatin Kanakia was an Indian actor.
- Jatin Das is an Indian painter and sculptor.
- Jatin Sarker is a Bengali intellectual, researcher and biographer of Bangladesh.
- Jatin Paranjpe is an Indian cricketer.