- Suitable for Boy
- Easy to pronounce
- 2 syllables and 5 letters
- pronounced as jIvA
- Hindi (Sanskrit) जीवा
Life Short Meaning
Jeeva is the ancient Sanskrit boy name which literally means life, a living being or alive. Another meaning is the principle of life or the personal soul.
Mention of Jeeva (जीवा) is found in Lexicographers, esp. such as Amarasimha, Halayudha, Hemacandra where this word refers to life. Jeeva finds reference in Rig Veda (ऋग् वेद) with meaning living, existing, alive. Mention of Jeeva is found in Mahabharata (महाभारत) where Jeeva refers to life, existence. Jeeva finds mention in Varaha Brhat Sanhita (बृहत् संहिता) where Jeeva is the name of Brhaspati (बृहस्पति) a regent of Jupiter. The baby name, Jeeva is another name for Lord Vishnu as as he is the living Being with the individual senses. Jeeva is found in the thousand names of Ganesha, where this name referred as he is the form of Bruhaspati or the planet Mars..
Popularity of Jeeva
As per USA popularity chart is not shown, name Jeeva is not popular in the USA. It is quite popular in India, as per social media count more than 1183 people have name Jeeva. Name Jeeva is short, sweet and common. If you are looking for name with good meaning, then Jeeva is a good option. It has variously been used to refer to a number of mythological figures, including Ganesh and Vishnu in Hinduism. It can be gaining popularity in the U.S.A as its a short name and easy to pronounce as well.
More about Jeeva
- Jeeva is an Indian film actor from Andhra Pradesh.
- Jeeva was an Indian cinematographer and film director in Tamil cinema.
- Jeeva is a 2014 Indian Tamil sports drama film written and directed by Suseenthiran.
- Jeeva is a 1986 Bollywood action thriller film starring Sanjay Dutt and Mandakini.
- Jiiva, also written Jeeva, is an Indian film actor who predominantly appears in Tamil films.