- Suitable for Boy
- Easy to pronounce
- 3 syllables and 5 letters
- pronounced as karaNa
- Hindi (Sanskrit) करण
Intelligent Short Meaning
The meaning of ancient Sanskrit name Karan is intelligent or talented. Karan also refers to ear.
Mention of Sanskrit Name Karan is found in Ramayan (रामायण) and Riga Veda (ऋग्-वेद) with meanings like doing, effecting, causing and making. Karan is mentioned also in Kashika-Vritti (काशिका-वृत्ति), Panini (पाणिनि), Patanjali (पतञ्जलि) and Riga-Veda-Praatishakhya (ऋग्-वेद-प्रातिशाख्य) where Karan is a sound or word as an independent part of speech. Karan is also mentioned in Arthav Veda (अथर्व-वेद), Riga Veda (ऋग्-वेद) and Kumar-Sambhav (कुमार-सम्भव) as clever, skillful, companion or helper and a kind of time. This name is also found to be referred in Manu-Smiriti (मनु-स्मृति), Yagyavalakya (याज्ञवल्क्य), Shatpath-Brahman (शतपथ-ब्राह्मण) and Mahabharata (महाभारत) where Karan means a man of mixed class and the act of making, doing, producing and effecting. Karan also founds reference in writings of Horace H. Wilson and Riga Veda (ऋग्-वेद) in which Karan refers to writer, an act or deed.
Popularity of Karan
As we can clearly see in the chart Karan is a very popular name in the USA. Karan is in trend since 1936 and it is used by more than 200 people of the USA as the name of their kids. It is a very popular name in India as it is used by more than 6100 people in India as the name of their babies. Karan is name of a popular character in Mahabharata. In our opinion Karan is a short and sweet name, It has a nice meaning attached to it. It is also a stylish name.
More about Karan
- Karan Mahajan is a Joseph Henry Jackson Award-winning Indian novelist
- Karan is an Indian actor.
- Karan Thapar is an Indian journalist and a television commentator and interviewer.
- Karan Johar, is an Indian film director, producer, screenwriter, costume designer, actor and television personality.
- Karan Bajaj is an Indian American author.
- Karan Faridoon Bilimoria, Baron Bilimoria, is a British Indian entrepreneur and a life peer.
- Karan KC is a Nepalese cricketer.
- Karan Arjun is a 1995 Indian action thriller drama film.
- Karan Romesh Sharma is an Indian actor.
- Karan Singh Grover is an Indian actor.
- Karan Mehra is an Indian television actor, model and fashion designer.
- Karan Brar is an American actor.