Omkar ओमकार, ओंकार
- Suitable for Boy
- Easy to pronounce
- 4 syllables and 5 letters
- pronounced as om-kar
- Hindi (Sanskrit) ओमकार, ओंकार
Derived form Sanskrit word "Om". Om is a mystical or sacred syllable in Hindu, Jain and Buddhist religions. It represents the range of sounds that can be made by the human voice. The name Omkara is taken as a name of God.
Other variations of Omkar includes Aumkara, Omkarnath, Omkareshwar
More about Omkar
- Omkar Prasad Nayyar was a famous Indian film music director and composer born in Lahore.
- Omkar Goswami is an Indian economist and business journalist
- Omkar Singh is an Indian sports shooter who won three gold medals and a silver medal in shooting events at the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in Delhi.
- Omkara is a 2006 Hindi film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Othello directed by Vishal Bharadwaj.
- Omkar Das Manikpuri (born 1970) is an India stage and film actor. He made his Hindi film debut as a male lead in Aamir Khan productions' Peepli Live (2010)
- Omkarnath Thakur was an Indian educator, musicologist, and Hindustani classical singer.
- Omkareshwar is a Hindu temple in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh state in India.