- Suitable for Girl
- 3 syllables and 7 letters
- pronounced as par-va/ti
- Hindi (Sanskrit) पार्वती
Means "daughter of the mountains" in Sanskrit. Parvati is a Hindu Goddess, a wife of Shiva and the mother of Ganesha and Kartikeya.
Parvati the Goddess Who is the Daughter of the (Parvat)Mountain
Parvata is one of the Sanskrit words for "mountain"; "Parvati" translates to "She of the mountains" and refers to Parvati being born the daughter of Himavan, lord of the mountains and the personification of the Himalayas.
More about Parvati
- Parvati Patil : the Harry Potter character
- Parvati Shallow (Florida) is the winner of the reality television series Survivor: Micronesia(Fans vs. Favorites).
- Parvati Melton is an Indian model and a Tollywood actress.
- Parvati Khan is a pop singer who sang the song "Jimmy Jimmy Aaja" in the Bollywood movie Disco Dancer, which won a Gold Disc award.
- Parvati Prasad Baruva was a poet, lyricist, dramatist: an icon of Assamese literature and the Culture of Assam.