- Suitable for Girl
- Easy to pronounce
- 2 syllables and 5 letters
- pronounced as rekhA
- Hindi (Sanskrit) रेखा
Artwork Short Meaning
Sanskrit name Rekha refers to a line or streak. Rekha also means artwork.
Rekha is found to be referred in Grihayasangrah (गृह्यासंग्रह), Yagyavalakya (याज्ञवल्क्य) and Mahabharata (महाभारत) with meanings like scratch, streak, stripe or a line. Mention of Sanskrit Name Rekha is found in the Mahabharata (महाभारत) and Kavya literature where Rekha denotes a continuous line, row, range or series. Reference of this name is also found in the Epic Suryasiddhant (सूर्यसिद्धान्त) in which Rekha shows the first or prime meridian which lies on the equator. Rekha is also mentioned in Kathasaritsagar (कथासरित्सागर) where Rekha means delineation, outline, drawing or sketch.
Popularity of Rekha
As we can clearly see in the chart here Rekha is a popular name in the USA. Rekha is in trend since 1972. Rekha is used by more than 250 people of the USA as the name of their kids. It is a highly popular name in India as it is used by more than 5000 people in India as the name of their babies. In our opinion Rekha is a short and sweet name, It has a nice meaning attached to it. It is also a stylish name.
More about Rekha
- Rekha Ganesan, better known by her stage name Rekha, is an Indian film actress who has mainly appeared in Hindi films.
- Rekha Bhardwaj is a noted Indian playback singer.
- Rekha Thapa is a Nepali actress, model and film maker.
- Rekha Punekar is a former Test and One Day International cricketer who represented India.
- Rekha Godbole is a former One Day International cricketer who represented India.
- Rekha Shanti Sharma is a Canadian actress best known for her portrayal of Tory Foster on Battlestar Galactica.