- Suitable for Girl
- 3 syllables and 7 letters
- pronounced as saraNya
- Hindi (Sanskrit) सरण्य
Protect Short Meaning
Saranya (सरण्य) is a feminine first name in India that literally means yielding help or protection to, affording shelter and defender, protectress in Sanskrit.
Mention of Saranya is found in Rg Veda (ऋग् वेद) where Saranya refers to to run, hasten, speed. Saranya is the name of goddess Durga. Saranya is the wife of Surya, and the goddess of clouds in Hindu mythology
Popularity of Saranya
As per USA popularity, Saranya is a popular name in the USA. Saranya is in trend since 1995, where Saranya was used by average 12 people per year as the name of their kids. Saranya is a popular name in India, according to the social media profile count. Saranya is used by more than 2272 people in India as the name of their kids. Name Saranya is common. Saranya also has very good meaning attached with it. Saranya also has some sort of mythological significance attached to it.
More about Saranya
- Saranya Mohan is an Indian film actress, who has acted in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi films.
- Saranya is an Indian film actress who has predominantly appeared in Tamil language films.
- Saranya Nag is an Indian film actress who has appeared in Tamil language films.
- Saranya Bhagyaraj is an Indian film actress who appeared in Tamil and Malayalam films.