Shiva शिवा / शिव
- Suitable for Boy
- Easy to pronounce
- 7 syllables and 5 letters
- pronounced as shi/va
- Hindi (Sanskrit) शिवा / शिव
Auspicious Short Meaning
Means "Auspicious one" in Sanskrit.Shiva is the supreme God in the Shaiva tradition of Hinduism. In the Smartha tradition, he is one of the five primary forms of God. The Sanskrit word Shiva is an adjective meaning kind, friendly, gracious, favourable, or auspicious.
More about Shiva
- Sometime Shiva is called the Destroyer (of evil), but has also the aspect of regeneration. As destroyer he is dark and terrible, appearing as a naked ascetic accompanied by a train of hideous demons, encircled with serpents and necklaces of skulls.
- Shiva (film), 1989 Telugu film by Ram Gopal Varma.
- Vandana Shiva, physicist, philosopher, ecofeminist, environmental activist, and writer.
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, professor of Media Studies and Law at the University of Virginia.